Amul Star Voice of India -2 attempts to strengthen the association with the viewers by aiming to present the best singing talent from across India. To make this possible, Star Plus has handpicked 24 refreshing voices from 24 states across the nation who will enthrall you with their mellifluous voices and vie for the coveted title AMUL STAR VOICE OF INDIA-2. These 24 talented singers from 24 different states will make AMUL STAR VOICE OF INDIA-2 a kaleidoscope of different colors, traditions, singing styles since all these young participants will bring in something unique to the show. This is their ultimate chance to make their Janmabhoomi proud of what they achieve in their karmabhoomi-The Amul Star Voice of India platform.

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Contestant No. 19 - Shikha Jain

Contestant No. 19

Shikha Jain

State: Gujarat, Age: 20 yrs

QUICK FACTS

Date of Birth - 3rd November 1991

Star Sign - Scorpio

Fav Songs - Aye Ajnabi, Haal-e-Dil

Hobbies - Dancing, Painting, Watching cartoons

Academic Qualification & Profession: Completed 1st Year B.Com.

Family Background: My Father is a transporter, my Mother is a housewife. I have two sisters, one older than me and the other younger.

A few lines about yourself: I am very chilled out, straightforward and emotional person with a dream to become a very successful singer. I want to make my parents very proud.

What inspired you to pursue music?
When I was a kid, I never knew that I could sing. It was my parents & my Hindi teacher who spotted this talent in me & nurtured it. It is because of them that I decided to pursue music as my career.

Your Dream: My dream is to become a successful playback singer and above that to become a good human being because one cannot practice music without a pure heart.

Your Idol & Why? My Idol is Sunidhi Chauhan. She is a phenomenal singer with a unique voice. She is a real Rock Star!

Fav Singers: Lata Mangeshkar, Kavita Krishnamurthy, Sunidhi Chauhan, , Sonu Nigam, Udit Narayan, Richa Sharma, Sukhwinder Singh.

Favourite Music Director: Monty Sharma, Ismail Darbar, Shankar Ehsaan Loy, Vishal-Shekhar.

Favourite Film: Taare Zameen Par. I love films that depict real Life.

An Actor/Actress you dream of singing for: I would love to sing for Katrina Kaif as she makes the song more beautiful.

Favourite Food: I am crazy about Pani Puri and I love everything that my mother makes!

Your Fashion Icon: Katrina Kaif. She can carry off any look and is extremely beautiful.

Favourite Colour: Black fascinates me a lot. White gives me peace.

What does Amul Star Voice of India mean to you?
ASVOI is a platform for me to showcase my talent & thoughts. It has given me an environment where I am interacting with various singers and musicians.

No comments: